Monday, October 13, 2014

Dear Colin... (2 years old)


“Love you Colin,” I said, giving you a squeeze after the giggle fit we had while I was pretending to think that your pajamas ate your hands.

“Ah-loh Mama,” you said in reply, smiling your full-toothed smile.

Laughing, I gave you another huge hug, as it was the first time you tried to say “I love you” back to me.

You are amazing Colin.

You repeat everything I say and even when you’re preoccupied with one of the learning apps I downloaded for you on my phone, you follow me everywhere around the house.

You went from only being able to count to 2 to being able to count to 4 then all of a sudden to 8. And yesterday, you counted to 10 for the first time (except you skipped number 2!). And when I asked you how old you were going to be next month on your birthday, you said “One!”

“No, Colin, you’re going to be two!” I said, hardly believing my baby was going to be 2 years old.

“No, one!” you insisted.

As much as I’d like to believe that you aren’t going to be 2, you are growing and you are learning so much from day to day. Slow it down, though, will ya?

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment